Darkening of the lips may occur due to a number of causes. Drinking excessive amounts of tea and coffee is one such cause. Smoking is another big reason for dark lips, in fact they keep worrying a lot and feel conscious about dark lips.
Here are some tips for people with dark lips:
1. Almond oil is known to be effective in reducing staining on the lips and helps to cure discoloration in any part of the body.
2. A simple method is to use Vaseline, but this is a temporary cure and need to be applied everyday.
3. If you smoke, please stop it, since this will worsen the lip color and your health.
4. Before sleeping massage your lips with 2 drops of a mixture of honey, lime juice and glycerin.
5. Use good quality lipstick, and check for expiry date.
6. Applying ghee is very usefull to bring back the lip color alive.
7. Lips also turn dark because we do not ex-foliate them. As such new layers of skin start accumulating below the older ones. Since the lips are delicate in nature, we cannot ex-foliate them as we would with other parts of the skin. The right way to exfoliate the lips is to apply a bit of lime juice and allow it to get absorbed.