Liver is the most important organ and has wide range of functions like protein synthesis and detoxification. This is the place where most of the medicines get metabolized. A balanced diet is very important to protect the liver from infections. Overeating adversely affect the liver and damages the liver cells.
Diet for liver:
• Include dietary fiber in your diet which binds with bile. This will help to transport toxins in large intestine, and helps to eliminates fat-soluble toxins.
• Your daily diet must contain vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B, beta carotene and calcium this will protect the liver from damage.
• To increase liver decongestion and functioning include food rich in folic acid, choline, betaine, methionine, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
• Fasting with proper medical supervision helps in the process of detoxification.
• Vitamin C and Vitamin E is an essential antioxidant to protect your liver. Some of the foods you can include are citrus fruits, mangoes, red cabbage, green leafy vegetables and almonds.
• Include nutritional yeast, peanuts and brown rice which are rich in Vitamin B complex.
• Include egg yolks, garlic, onions, whole grains and beans which are rich in methionine and cysteine.
• Avoid highly processed, refined foods such as coffee, chocolate, sugar, spicy foods, and fried foods.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.