- 2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs
- 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion
- 1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure
- 1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Drinking water at certain times maximizes it's effectiveness on the body:
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
It is the dream of every woman to have a beautiful, fresh and youthful skin. The first step in looking younger begins with what you decide to put into your mouth.
Your diet and lifestyle plays a major part in deciding the beauty of your skin. Most people think of a diet as being appropriate only for getting a beautiful figure, however eating the right kind of foods and following a proper diet will put you on the fast track to a healthy body and healthy and glowing skin.
The secret to a beautiful, healthy and glowing skin is FRUITS. Include plenty of fruits in your diet and you will see the difference within a week. Fruit is essential for both inner and outer beauty since it enhances the beauty of your skin and hair.
What makes fruit so wonderful is that it is rich in skin and hair enhancing vitamins, acids, and enzymes. Fruit can be used in just about every beauty product to cleanse, freshen, tone, and condition our bodies.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
It is popular in Japan today to drink water immediately after waking up every morning. Furthermore, scientific tests have proven its value. We publish below a description of use of water for our readers. For old and serious diseases as well as modern illnesses the water treatment had been found successful by a Japanese medical society as a 100% cure for the following diseases:
Headache, body ache, heart system, arthritis, fast heart beat, epilepsy, excess fatness, bronchitis asthma, TB, meningitis, kidney and urine diseases, vomiting, gastritis, diarrhea, piles, diabetes, constipation, all eye diseases, womb, cancer and menstrual disorders, ear nose and throat diseases.
METHOD OF TREATMENT
1. As you wake up in the morning before brushing teeth, drink 4 x 160ml glasses of water
2. Brush and clean the mouth but do not eat or drink anything for 45 minute
3. After 45 minutes you may eat and drink as normal.
4. After 15 minutes of breakfast, lunch and dinner do not eat or drink anything for 2 hours
5. Those who are old or sick and are unable to drink 4 glasses of water at the beginning may commence by taking little water and gradually increase it to 4 glasses per day.
6. The above method of treatment will cure diseases of the sick and others can enjoy a healthy life.
The following list gives the number of days of treatment required to cure/control/reduce main diseases:
1. High Blood Pressure (30 days)
2. Gastric (10 days)
3. Diabetes (30 days)
4. Constipation (10 days)
5. Cancer (180 days)
6. TB (90 days)
7. Arthritis patients should follow the above treatment only for 3 days in the 1st week, and from 2nd week onwards – daily.
This treatment method has no side effects, however at the commencement of treatment you may have to urinate a few times.
It is better if we continue this and make this procedure as a routine work in our life. Drink Water and Stay healthy and Active.
This makes sense .. The Chinese and Japanese drink hot tea with their meals ..not cold water. Maybe it is time we adopt their drinking habit while eating!!! Nothing to lose, everything to gain...
For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you.
It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion.
Once this 'sludge' reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine.
Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.
A serious note about heart attacks:
· Women should know that not every heart attack symptom is going to be the left arm hurting,
· Be aware of intense pain in the jaw line.
· You may never have the first chest pain during the course of a heart attack.
· Nausea and intense sweating are also common symptoms.
· 60% of people who have a heart attack while they are asleep do not wake up.
· Pain in the jaw can wake you from a sound sleep. Let's be careful and be aware. The more we know, the better chance we could survive...
A cardiologist says if everyone who gets this mail sends it to everyone they know, you can be sure that we'll save at least one life.
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Indigestion is basically burning sensation in upper abdomen and which results in bitter, sour taste in the mouth and at the same time you feel like you had eaten lot of chillies and make you very very uncomfortable and you feel uneasiness and there may also be pressure and discomfort around the chest region.. Indigestion can cause heartburn due to stomach acid reflux. Indigestion is a term used to describe symptoms that include fullness and discomfort during or after a meal. Indigestion occurs commonly in adults. Some people may even experience indigestion every day. Indigestion is also referred to as dyspepsia. Experts maintain that indigestion is actually a symptom and not a disease. There can be several causes of indigestion.
- Over eating
- Eating without chewing food properly
- Eating lot of spicy and oily food
Home Remedies for Indigestion
1. Chewing sugar free gums like mint flavor Happy dent white & Protex gives you instant relief from acidity as the main reason is it contains baking Soda which works wonders on acidity.
2. Every 3 to 4 hours drink water with 2-3 drops of mint essence in it.
3. Drinking Cold or refrigerated milk (not chilled) is also good way to control the uneasiness.
4. For instant relief add some baking soda to one glass of water and drink it.
5. Avoid big meals and go for small meals if you always have indigestion problem.
6. Pepper mint is very good for indigestion
7. Fresh Pudina leaves( fresh mint leaves) juice is also works best for indigestion.
8. Mix one tsp of cumin seeds in a glass of water and drink it.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Body Mass IndexBody mass index is the ratio of weight to height to estimate body fat. It is advisable to use Body mass index along waist to hip ratio to get complete picture of your weight status. Body mass index is particularly helpful for identifying children and adults at risk of overweight. But it not gives completely accurate information.
The formula for Body mass index is WEIGHT (KG)/HEIGHT (MT2)
|Less than 18.5||Underweight|
|18.5 to 24.9||Normal weight|
|25 to 30||Over weight|
|More than 30||Obese|
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Darkening of the lips may occur due to a number of causes. Drinking excessive amounts of tea and coffee is one such cause. Smoking is another big reason for dark lips, in fact they keep worrying a lot and feel conscious about dark lips.
Here are some tips for people with dark lips:
1. Almond oil is known to be effective in reducing staining on the lips and helps to cure discoloration in any part of the body.
2. A simple method is to use Vaseline, but this is a temporary cure and need to be applied everyday.
3. If you smoke, please stop it, since this will worsen the lip color and your health.
4. Before sleeping massage your lips with 2 drops of a mixture of honey, lime juice and glycerin.
5. Use good quality lipstick, and check for expiry date.
6. Applying ghee is very usefull to bring back the lip color alive.
7. Lips also turn dark because we do not ex-foliate them. As such new layers of skin start accumulating below the older ones. Since the lips are delicate in nature, we cannot ex-foliate them as we would with other parts of the skin. The right way to exfoliate the lips is to apply a bit of lime juice and allow it to get absorbed.
Always protect your eyes from hot sun and pollution by wearing sun glasses.
Always wash your eyes with cold water before and after exercise.
Take a healthy diet which is rich in Vitamin A.
Palming relaxes the eyes; it preserves the eyesight and relaxes the nervous system as well.
Once in a month clean your eyes with few drops of anti bacterial drops.
Close your eyes as tight as possible and squeeze your eyes which help in muscle contraction, hold this for three times and then blink several times.
Position a dot on the wall and look straightly first and then move the eyeballs to the right corner and then to the left corner and blink several times. Repeat this for four times and then place your palms on the eyes and rest.
In clockwise and anticlockwise direction rotate your eyes for proper blood supply and then blink several times, repeat it for five times each side and then close your eyes and take a deep breath.
Sit straight and breathe deeply, move your eyes up as far as possible and down as far as possible and relax your eyes by blinking several times and repeat this for four times.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Liver is the most important organ and has wide range of functions like protein synthesis and detoxification. This is the place where most of the medicines get metabolized. A balanced diet is very important to protect the liver from infections. Overeating adversely affect the liver and damages the liver cells.
Diet for liver:
• Include dietary fiber in your diet which binds with bile. This will help to transport toxins in large intestine, and helps to eliminates fat-soluble toxins.
• Your daily diet must contain vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B, beta carotene and calcium this will protect the liver from damage.
• To increase liver decongestion and functioning include food rich in folic acid, choline, betaine, methionine, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
• Fasting with proper medical supervision helps in the process of detoxification.
• Vitamin C and Vitamin E is an essential antioxidant to protect your liver. Some of the foods you can include are citrus fruits, mangoes, red cabbage, green leafy vegetables and almonds.
• Include nutritional yeast, peanuts and brown rice which are rich in Vitamin B complex.
• Include egg yolks, garlic, onions, whole grains and beans which are rich in methionine and cysteine.
• Avoid highly processed, refined foods such as coffee, chocolate, sugar, spicy foods, and fried foods.
• Avoid alcohol consumption.
Friday, February 4, 2011
How to Stay Young n Happy Always :-)
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight, and height.
Let the doctors worry about them.. That is why you pay them.
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
(Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches!)
3. Keep learning: Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever.
Never let the brain get idle.
4. Enjoy the simple things
5. Laugh often, long and loud.
Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with him or her!
6. The tears happen:
Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourself. LIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love:
Whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health:
If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips.
Take a trip to the mall, even to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is
And if you don't send this to at least four people - who cares?
But do share this with someone.