- Over eating
- Eating without chewing food properly
- Eating lot of spicy and oily food
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Indigestion is basically burning sensation in upper abdomen and which results in bitter, sour taste in the mouth and at the same time you feel like you had eaten lot of chillies and make you very very uncomfortable and you feel uneasiness and there may also be pressure and discomfort around the chest region.. Indigestion can cause heartburn due to stomach acid reflux. Indigestion is a term used to describe symptoms that include fullness and discomfort during or after a meal. Indigestion occurs commonly in adults. Some people may even experience indigestion every day. Indigestion is also referred to as dyspepsia. Experts maintain that indigestion is actually a symptom and not a disease. There can be several causes of indigestion.
Home Remedies for Indigestion
1. Chewing sugar free gums like mint flavor Happy dent white & Protex gives you instant relief from acidity as the main reason is it contains baking Soda which works wonders on acidity.
2. Every 3 to 4 hours drink water with 2-3 drops of mint essence in it.
3. Drinking Cold or refrigerated milk (not chilled) is also good way to control the uneasiness.
4. For instant relief add some baking soda to one glass of water and drink it.
5. Avoid big meals and go for small meals if you always have indigestion problem.
6. Pepper mint is very good for indigestion
7. Fresh Pudina leaves( fresh mint leaves) juice is also works best for indigestion.
8. Mix one tsp of cumin seeds in a glass of water and drink it.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Body Mass IndexBody mass index is the ratio of weight to height to estimate body fat. It is advisable to use Body mass index along waist to hip ratio to get complete picture of your weight status. Body mass index is particularly helpful for identifying children and adults at risk of overweight. But it not gives completely accurate information.
The formula for Body mass index is WEIGHT (KG)/HEIGHT (MT2)
|Less than 18.5||Underweight|
|18.5 to 24.9||Normal weight|
|25 to 30||Over weight|
|More than 30||Obese|